Durant taking aim at Olympic gold with US team
LONDON (AP) — Kevin Durant's shooting touch has the U.S. Olympic team closer to grabbing gold.
Afraid of alienating his teammates, Durant had been reluctant to take over games for the Americans. But after being urged by Kobe Bryant and LeBron James to be more assertive, Durant has become the leading scorer for the U.S., which faces Australia in Tuesday's quarterfinals.
NewsOK Related Articles
Durant scored 28 points — 17 in a torrid third quarter — when the U.S. pulled away and beat Argentina 126-97 on Monday night. He is shooting 61 percent (20 of 33) on 3-pointers, and when he launches a long-range shot, James says "there's a 99 percent chance that it's going in."
Durant says Bryant recently advised him to "do what I do. Coming from one of the greatest players to ever play, I'll take that."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 30214Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19534Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7073OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6093Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5026OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4433Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3498Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater