Eagle and Beagle: Oklahoma's best and worst stock
Business Writer Don Mecoy writes about the best- and worst-performing Oklahoma stocks for the week.
But the runt of the litter this week was GMX Resources, an Oklahoma City energy company. GMXR shares have been low-priced and volatile for some time, attributes that garner the interest of the eagle and beagle on a regular basis.
A week ago here, we noted the 65 percent one-week gain of GMXR shares after the company announced an outside investment. That, regrettably, was followed by a 19.5 percent decline in the stock price. It closed Friday at 64 cents.
Perhaps it's time to limit our spotlight to stocks that trade for $1 or more.
Eagle & Beagle is a weekly look at the state's high-performing (eagle) and low-performing (beagle) stocks by Business Writer Don Mecoy.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 12863Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11549Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5770Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5166Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4505OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4325Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 3991Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law