Eagle & Beagle
LSB reported it would lose $2 million a week for the six to eight weeks its Pryor ammonia plant will be shut down to handle unexpected maintenance work.
Combined with other plant problems, the Oklahoma City chemical and climate control company isn't making much ammonia.
The unexpected news prompted a halt in trading and a one-day 6-percent loss in LXU shares, yet the stock rebounded nicely at week's end.
Eagle & Beagle is a weekly look at the state's high-performing (eagle) and low-performing (beagle) stocks by Business Writer Don Mecoy.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M