Early voting for school board election begins Friday
Early voting for the Feb. 12 school board elections will take place 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and Monday at county election board offices statewide. Nearly 400 candidates will vie for 172 school board slots at the election. Several school, county and municipal bond issues also will be decided.
Most school board seats up for election will be for four-year terms.
Early voting will be held at county election board offices across the state from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and again Monday. Precinct polls will be open for regular voting 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Photo identification or a voter registration card is required to vote.
School board elections are scheduled for districts in 70 of the state's 77 counties.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12287Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11384Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6956Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6508Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4900Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4357OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3734Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law