Earthquake felt this morning in eastern Oklahoma County
An earthquake measuring 3.5 magnitude shook eastern Oklahoma County this morning.
The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake, which struck about 11:45 a.m., was centered about 2 miles southeast of Jones. Its epicenter was about 3 miles below the surface.
Although there were no immediate reports of damage or injuries, residents of Midwest City and Spencer called The Oklahoman's newsroom and reported feeling the quake. Midwest City Police Chief Brandon Clabes said he felt a jolt at police headquarters.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 57337Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14801Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9259Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7518Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6644Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6577Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6568How to help tornado victims