Earthquakes decline in Oklahoma in 2012
The number of small Oklahoma earthquakes was down in 2012. There has been a significant increase in earthquakes in recent years, however.
The number of earthquakes in Oklahoma declined in 2012 after a two-year spike, said Austin Holland, a seismologist at the Oklahoma Geological Survey in Norman.
Holland moved to Oklahoma to study the sudden swarm of earthquakes that started in late 2009.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13578Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13348OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10346Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8794Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7680Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5623Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5418Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?