Eastern Kentucky tops Morehead State 24-17
RICHMOND, Ky. (AP) — Matt Denham ran for 166 yards on 34 carries for Eastern Kentucky as the Colonels earned their first win of the year, topping Morehead State 24-17 Saturday night.
Denham also ran 2 yards for a touchdown that snapped a 10-10 tie in the third quarter, propelling Eastern Kentucky (1-1) to a lead it wouldn't relinquish.
In the second quarter, the Colonels jumped to a 10-3 lead on T.J. Pryor's 18-yard touchdown pass to Paul Henry. The Eagles (1-1) responded with a touchdown midway through the third, as Zach Lewis tossed a 23-yard score to Kevin Thomas. Denham's third-quarter score broke that tie.
A 6-yard touchdown run by Zavier Foster, who had 81 yards on 16 rushes, stretched the Colonels' lead to 24-10 in the fourth quarter.
Lewis picked up a second touchdown pass late in the fourth, finishing 28 of 42 for 294 yards.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13976Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9656Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9589Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8454Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6577Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6030Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5383Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister