Will winter ever end? It’s not just Oklahomans asking that question. We’re ready for spring — and spring fashion. T.J.Maxx and Marshalls have enlisted style expert Lindsay Albanese to provide tips on how to add spring to your life right now and let the weather catch up later.
“Don’t wait for the snow to melt to start incorporating small changes into your life that will do wonders to help get you into the mindset for spring,” says Lindsay Albanese, celebrity wardrobe stylist and style expert. “There are simple changes you can make right now to make it feel like spring.”
Here are Lindsay’s top tips for putting a little spring in your step:
- Pop of color: Add a bold pop of color to your wardrobe with a designer leather handbag, eye-catching statement necklace or colorful pair of flats. The right accessories can brighten up any outfit and get you in a sunnier mindset. Or for your home, try incorporating a new set of floral sheets to freshen up your bedroom and make you dream of warmer weather.
- Cook in color: Don’t just leave the color for your wardrobe. Colorful cookware like dutch ovens, pots, tea kettles and kitchen gadgets are great pieces to spice up the kitchen and give you inspiration to try a new recipe. Have them serve as decor too by displaying on empty countertop space or a hanging pot rack.
- A perfect 10: Pamper yourself with an at-home spa treatment with high quality organic beauty products, face masks, moisturizers, loofahs and pedicure sets. Finish off your spa day with a fresh mani and pedi in a bright hue to boost your mood. Pastels are my go-to spring colors but if you’re up for taking a risk I also like a bright orange.
- Tech-essorize: A fun, colorful or patterned case is a great way to refresh your cell, tablet or laptop and add a little style to your beloved tech devices.
- Smell the roses: I love to get my home smelling like spring with scented candles like clean linen and lavender. Or get into the mood for spring by purchasing a fresh new fragrance. I love replacing my perfume with new scents each season – refreshing citrus, tropical, and coconut are my favorite notes.
- Freshen up: Get ahead of spring cleaning so you can enjoy the warm weather when it’s here. Make organization easy and stylish with a variety of storage solutions from ottomans and wicker baskets to colorful bins and jewelry and shoe organizers.
- Weekend getaway: If you really can’t wait for it to warm up where you are, book a trip to a warm destination. You can pick up all of your travel necessities including high-quality brand name luggage and travel totes in fun colors and patterns.