Echo Bay Marina on Lake Mead to close Feb. 1
But with the 2007 closure of services at Overton Beach and the pending closure of Echo Bay, the closest boat fueling dock will be at Callville Bay, 30 miles away.
That means boaters will need to be aware of how far they can travel and safely return before running out of fuel, Dickinson said.
Dickinson said about 100 boat owners will lose lease space at Echo Bay Marina. A transition team is helping those who want to relocate to marinas at Callville Bay, the Las Vegas Boat Harbor and Temple Bar on Lake Mead, or to Lake Mohave facilities at Cottonwood Cove, Willow Beach or Katherine Landing.
Park officials are trying to keep open the Echo Bay trailer village, RV campsites, dry boat storage and land-based fuel station.
A public boat launch, picnic and campground with public restrooms and an RV dump station will remain open, along with a fish cleaning station.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister