Eden Hazard gets no extra ban for kicking ballboy
LONDON (AP) — Chelsea midfielder Eden Hazard will serve a three-match ban for kicking a ballboy.
The English Football Association had said the standard suspension was "clearly insufficient," but its independent commission on Thursday disagreed and didn't extend the punishment.
The Belgium winger was sent off for kicking a ball boy in the 79th minute of the League Cup semifinal match against Swansea last Wednesday while attempting to retrieve the ball after it had rolled out of play.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes