Edmond 4-H to host picnic at E.C. Hafer Park
Young people, ages 9 to 19, are invited to a cookout Monday hosted by Edmond's 4-H Club. The picnic begins at 6:30 p.m. at E.C. Hafer Park in Edmond.
EDMOND — Edmond's 4-H Club is hosting a cookout Monday at E.C. Hafer Park.
The cookout is for ages 9 to 19 who want to get involved in the local 4-H program.
“We're going to have a great time getting to know each other and making plans for the upcoming year,” said Monica Wilhoite, Edmond 4-H Club volunteer leader.
Oklahoma 4-H has since 1909 helped youth of all ages reach their potential through hands-on learning in 4-H clubs, school enrichment programs and special interest events. The 4-H program in Oklahoma reaches about 200,000 youth every year.
“The Edmond 4-H Club has a strong tradition in our community and we want to get back to being involved in what's going on in our town this year,” Wilhoite said. “We hope to have a lot of fun while we do it.”
The picnic begins at 6:30 p.m. at the tables near the playground closest to the pond.
For more information, call 713-1125.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 27859Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15705Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9405Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8491Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8399Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena