Edmond Baha’i Faith
This year, World Religion Day is slated for Sunday, Jan. 20 at 3 p.m. to ring in the New Year with a celebration of unity. The annual event is one of the top at the center in drawing large crowds each year. The public is invited to join in the celebration at the Edmond Baha'i Center, 321 E Campbell Drive, just west of the Universtiy of Central Oklahoma clock tower.
This year’s presentation is conducted primarily by the children and the youth of the community and includes musical performances of the Unity Ensemble of Oklahoma City. The program should last about an hour followed by refreshments and social time which has also grown to be a standing feature of the annual event. The event is free to the public.
Readings from many of the world’s religions including Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism, Baha'i Faith, Christianity and Islam will be offered with an emphasis on the oneness of religions which is a key principle of the Baha’i Faith.
The Oklahoma City metro Baha’is are involved in many interfaith activities during the year that practices and emphasizes the unity of religions. The Edmond Baha’i Center was a site for the United Religions Youth Tour in the fall which is an annual event sponsored by United Religions of Oklahoma City and the Conference of Churches as well as the Dialogue Religionism series, which aim to bring about understanding and awareness of all the of the world’s major religions.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims