Edmond church's former business manager faces 8 felony counts
Bill Dwight Coyle, 52, the former business manager of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Edmond, was named in charges presented Friday in Oklahoma County. The district attorney's office accepted and filed the charges late Monday afternoon, Edmond police spokeswoman Jennifer Monroe said.
“During a recent parish assessment project, a possible misappropriation of church funds by a church employee was discovered. In consultation with the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City, an independent CPA firm was retained to conduct a review of certain books and records of the church to ascertain what had actually happened. While the CPA firm's review was limited to certain accounts and records of the church, it did confirm the misuse of church funds,” according to an email statement issued in July.
No one answered the church phone Monday evening, and Coyle's attorney was not available for comment.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in