Edmond City Council to vote on incentive program
Edmond City Council members will consider Monday a recommendation by the Edmond Economic Development Authority for an incentive program. The two-part program would help retail owners opening business in Edmond, or businesses that expand.
EDMOND — City council members will consider Monday approving incentives for retail owners who open a business in Edmond, or local businesses that expand.
The incentive policy was recommended by members of the Edmond Economic Development Authority, who said Edmond must be competitive with other cities that are working to entice businesses.
City council and authority members held two workshops last year to come up with the two-page policy to be considered in a meeting that begins at 5:30 p.m. at 20 S Littler Ave.
Council members have spoken in favor of the incentive plan. They said getting businesses to come to Edmond is very competitive today.
Incentives will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, council members were told last month during one of the workshops.
“Everything is performance-based,” City Councilman Nick Massey told his fellow council members. “No checks are written up front.”
One of the incentives plans addresses businesses and retail in which economic assistance would be available to new and existing retail, commercial developers and owners who build or expand in target areas of the city.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 24265Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15789Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10553Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9606Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9126Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8599Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8494Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena