Edmond City Council to vote on incentive program
Edmond City Council members will consider Monday a recommendation by the Edmond Economic Development Authority for an incentive program. The two-part program would help retail owners opening business in Edmond, or businesses that expand.
Retail and commercial businesses that will provide additional sales tax revenue to the city would be candidates for incentives.
The second incentive plan focuses on primary jobs — jobs that produce a product or service for use in or outside the Edmond area.
A qualified company must achieve $750,000 in new annualized payroll for new, full-time employees. Over a two-year period, employees' pay must average $40,000 a year.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad