Edmond gets ready for Christmas
The Christmas holiday is ready to be celebrated in downtown Edmond. A month of festivities is scheduled.
The Downtown Edmond Business Association is offering free wagon rides from 4 to 8 p.m. on Dec. 6, 13 and 20. Rides also will be offered from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Dec. 8, 15 and 22.
Strolling carolers will sing throughout downtown on Dec. 7, 8, 14, 15, 21 and 22.
Students will make crafts to take home at the 1889 Territorial Schoolhouse from 1 to 4 p.m. Dec. 8 and 15.
Santa Claus will be at Silver Leaf Gems from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 8 and at Java Dave's from 4 to 7 p.m. Dec. 13 and from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 15.
The fourth annual Gingerbread House contest is scheduled for 2 p.m. Dec. 15 at the Edmond Historical Society and Museum. The contest is open for people 5 and older.
The houses must be edible, but not made from gingerbread kits. Judges will be looking for creativity and theme, appearance and use of materials.
The registration deadline is Dec. 12. For more information, go to www.edmondhistory.org or call 340-0078.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort