Edmond homeowners' protest delays project
A proposed 193-lot housing addition near Redbud Canyon in Edmond brought nearby neighbors to planning commission to speak against the development.
EDMOND — Redbud Canyon homeowners say they are opposed to a proposed 193-lot housing addition near their properties.
Edmond planners this week delayed a vote on the preliminary plat until the developer holds a meeting with the property owners.
Plans for the new housing addition, to be called Thunder Canyon, will be heard by planning commissioners March 5 after a community connection meeting is held between the developer and property owners in Redbud Canyon and along Covell Road.
No date for the community connection meeting has been scheduled.
Thunder Canyon is to be located near Covell Road and Midwest Boulevard. Dodson Properties 2 LLC is the developer.
Property owners said they don't like the density of the proposed development, which will be divided into two sections with the floodplain running down the middle and a bridge running from one side to the other.
“The density is four-to-one,” said homeowner Bill Wade. “I am worried I can't sell my house for what I have in it. The most dense part abuts to Redbud Canyon.”
Homeowner Karen Greer said, “The density of the Thunder Canyon development will create a large percentage of impermeable surface, that is, streets, driveways and rooftops, and will adversely impact Redbud Canyon's access to well water.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 33746Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15554Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10129Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9883Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8114Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8089Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister