Edmond man arrested after small explosion reported
Derek Wayne Hofford, 26, was arrested out of custody Sunday on complaints of manufacturing a controlled dangerous substance, marijuana possession and drug paraphernalia possession, Edmond police spokeswoman Jennifer Monroe said.
EDMOND — An Edmond man is facing drug complaints after a small explosion occurred while he was making hash oil, police said.
Derek Wayne Hofford, 26, was arrested out of custody on complaints of manufacturing a controlled dangerous substance, marijuana possession and drug paraphernalia possession, Edmond police spokeswoman Jennifer Monroe said. Hofford was not booked into jail Sunday.
About 2 p.m., police were called to Sunset Ridge apartments, 930 S Boulevard, on reports of a small explosion. When authorities arrived, they found a unit with smoke coming from windows which were blown out from the blast, Monroe said.
Hofford told police he was filling a butane lighter while cooking on the stove, but later admitted that he was making hash oil from marijuana in the kitchen when fumes ignited and caused the blast, Monroe said.
Hofford was treated at the scene for minor burns to his face and arms, she said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12675Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11502Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6315Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5431Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 5078Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4467OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3964How to help tornado victims