Edmond master plan is on Thursday meeting agenda
Consultants will meet Thursday for the final public meeting to discuss Edmond's Parks and Recreation master plan. The meeting begins at 6 p.m. at the Downtown Community Center.
EDMOND — City officials will hold the final public meeting Thursday to discuss Edmond's Parks and Recreation master plan.
The meeting will begin at 6 p.m. at the Downtown Community Center, 28 E Main.
City officials hired Jacobs Engineering Firm, of Oklahoma City, a year ago to develop a plan that will address short- and long-term goals of the city.
City council members included implementation of the new master plan in the city's 2012 strategic plan. Advisory board members, elected officials and city staff will use the plan to shape future plans and projects within the parks and recreation system.
Four primary steps went into the creation of the master plan: inventory of the existing properties, assessing the level of services, short- and long-term planning and writing the master plan.
Community input has been collected from hundreds of citizen surveys, public meetings and needs assessment.
Thursday's meeting will seek additional input on the findings and action plans.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction