Edmond named top suburb in U.S. by website
CNBC listed Edmond as No. 1 on its list of 10 Perfect Suburbs. Unemployment rate, median house value, schools, low crime were among the facts that got Edmond its recognition.
EDMOND — CNBC listed Edmond as No. 1 on its list of 10 Perfect Suburbs.
CNBC.com states that it derived its top 10 list by using an analysis of the databases of Location Inc., a data and analysis company. They were looking for suburbs with the best mix of affordable housing, good schools, educated neighbors, low crime, employment and reasonable commutes.
Facts that earned Edmond its recognition were its 4.9 percent unemployment rate, $201,770 median house value and public schools ranking, which is higher than 59 percent of all other U.S. public schools.
The other nine suburbs making the list, in order, are: Kensington, Md.; Circle Pines, Minn.; Reading, Mass.; Poquoson, Va.; Midlothian, Va.; Wexford, Penn.; Round Rock, Texas; Morgan, Utah; and Columbia, Md.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister