Edmond native’s legacy lives on in space and Earth
“Morris Hill” on Mars named after the late Richard Morris, a 1992 Edmond Memorial High School graduate who was a mission manager on NASA’s Mars rover project.
A young Richard Morris stood in his Edmond living room, light saber drawn. It was the 4-year-old’s birthday, and the plastic sword was a gift. The moment is frozen forever, not in carbonite, but as a framed photograph in his mother’s home.
Even as a child, when Morris looked to the stars, he saw possibility.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located