Edmond North football player dies one day after suffering broken leg
There were also counselors visiting students at Edmond Santa Fe High School, which Smith attended his freshman year.
Photoview all photos
How to help
The Edmond North football booster club set up a fund at the Citizens Bank branch on Coffee Creek Road to help Ryan Smith's family with burial costs. Donations to the fund can be sent to:
Ryan Smith Memorial Fund
Attn: Coffee Creek Branch
P.O. Box 30
Edmond, OK 73083
The Edmond North football booster club set up a fund to help the family with burial costs at the Citizens Bank branch on Coffee Creek Road.
“That really is their most immediate need,” Parks said. “We’ve had a tremendous outpouring of support.”
The district will hold a moment of silence for Smith before Thursday night’s U.S. Grant-Edmond Santa Fe football game at Wantland Stadium.
There will also be a moment of silence before Edmond North’s game against Westmoore on Friday at Moore Stadium.
“He was a young boy that was just trying to enjoy life,” Lively said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13360Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9892Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9697Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8639Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6622Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5282Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister