Edmond North takes four titles at 69th annual Geary Tournament
Triplets Lance, Joel and Andrew Dixon join Derek White as champions.
For the first time this season, Broken Arrow and Edmond North's wrestling teams went head-to-head in a tournament.
At the 69th Annual Geary Tournament, which finished Saturday, Broken Arrow came out on top, winning the team title 149-128.5 over Edmond North. Lawton MacArthur (108.5) finished third, ahead of Locust Grove (80.5) and Altus (76).
The finish was Edmond North's highest ever at the prestigious tournament, which features a blind draw to determine the brackets instead of a seeding system.
Each of the top two teams had four wrestlers win titles.
Edmond North's Dixon triplets — Lance, Joel and Andrew — each won titles.
Lance edged Broken Arrow's Brock Warren 4-3 to win at 182 pounds; Joel won a major decision over Duncan's Marcus Stewart 16-4 at 195; and Andrew beat Westmoore's John Finn 7-0 at 220.
Edmond North's Derek White won a technical fall over Westmoore's Chase Silva for the 170-pound title.
Zack Edwards (132), Tanner Bailey (145), Paden Bailey (152) and Carlos Taylor (285) won titles for Broken Arrow.
Norman North's Harden Harrison edged Edmond North's Josh Breece 6-4 in overtime at 126, while Edmond Memorial's Alex Warren won at 138.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20008Oklahoma tornadoes: Six May 20 tornado rumors corrected
- 14873Moore milestones: Missing moms make graduation day bittersweet
- 11274Live reporting: President Obama leaves Oklahoma after touring tornado damage in Moore
- 11227Oklahoma tornadoes: Two arms that didn't know they were broken helped rescue children at Briarwood Elementary
- 7454Three Oklahoma men die in wrecks on state roads
- 6157President Barack Obama to tour tornado damage in Oklahoma
- 6108Oklahoma tornadoes: 'Moore is going to come back stronger,' Obama says during visit