Edmond North takes four titles at 69th annual Geary Tournament
Triplets Lance, Joel and Andrew Dixon join Derek White as champions.
For the first time this season, Broken Arrow and Edmond North's wrestling teams went head-to-head in a tournament.
At the 69th Annual Geary Tournament, which finished Saturday, Broken Arrow came out on top, winning the team title 149-128.5 over Edmond North. Lawton MacArthur (108.5) finished third, ahead of Locust Grove (80.5) and Altus (76).
The finish was Edmond North's highest ever at the prestigious tournament, which features a blind draw to determine the brackets instead of a seeding system.
Each of the top two teams had four wrestlers win titles.
Edmond North's Dixon triplets — Lance, Joel and Andrew — each won titles.
Lance edged Broken Arrow's Brock Warren 4-3 to win at 182 pounds; Joel won a major decision over Duncan's Marcus Stewart 16-4 at 195; and Andrew beat Westmoore's John Finn 7-0 at 220.
Edmond North's Derek White won a technical fall over Westmoore's Chase Silva for the 170-pound title.
Zack Edwards (132), Tanner Bailey (145), Paden Bailey (152) and Carlos Taylor (285) won titles for Broken Arrow.
Norman North's Harden Harrison edged Edmond North's Josh Breece 6-4 in overtime at 126, while Edmond Memorial's Alex Warren won at 138.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101343Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13633Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10711Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9528OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8426Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7731How to help tornado victims
- 7199Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area