Edmond police investigating Christmas rape
Police said the woman may have been followed home after running errands at a nearby Walmart.
EDMOND — Edmond police are investigating a rape that happened at a woman's home early Christmas.
Police said the woman, who is in her 20s, may have been followed home after shopping at the Walmart Neighborhood near Bryant Avenue and Second Street late on Christmas Eve. The woman walked to the store and back.
Police said the woman was attacked by at least one man, but there were possibly two men who broke into her home sometime after midnight in the area of Blackwelder and Campbell.
Police did not release descriptions of the men.
Call Crime Stoppers at 359-4466 if you have information about this crime. Callers can remain anonymous. People who have information can also call detective Mark Oak at 359-4478.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims