Edmond resident is among 40 people arrested in student visa violations
Federal immigration agents arrested an Edmond resident and 39 other people during a 12-day student-visa enforcement operation. They will now go before a federal immigration judge to determine the question of deportation.
Three of those arrested falsely claimed U.S. citizenship, which is a felony and will be permanently barred from legally re-entering the United States.
The 21 men and 19 women were arrested by the Homeland Security Investigation's Counterterrorism and Criminal Exploitation Unit, part of the national program designed to prevent terrorists and other criminals from exploiting the nation's immigration system.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 39102Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15291Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9778Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9437Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9040Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7843Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7624Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister