Edmond Santa Fe's Ty Hensley named Gatorade Oklahoma Baseball Player of the Year
Edmond Santa Fe pitcher Ty Hensley was named the 2012 Gatorade Oklahoma Baseball Player of the Year on Wednesday.
Hensley was dominant for the Wolves, going 10-0 with a 1.52 ERA and 111 strikeouts in 55 1/3 innings in helping Santa Fe to the Class 6A semifinals.
He also hit .447 with 10 home runs, 41 RBIs and 27 runs.
Hensley has signed with Ole Miss but figured to be a first or second round pick in next week's MLB draft.
Hensley is now a finalist for the Gatorade National Baseball Player of the Year, which will be announced soon.
Hensley is the first non-Bundy to win the award in five years. Sperry's Bobby Bundy won in 2008 before his brother, Dylan won three times from 2009-11. Dylan Bundy started at Sperry before moving to Owasso. Owasso's Pete Kozma won the award in 2007.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21771Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7615Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6773OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6490OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5293Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4032Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater