Edmond School Board will hold forum on school attendance boundaries
The Edmond School Board will hold a forum Monday to discuss the new elementary school scheduled to open in August.
EDMOND – The school board will hold a public forum Monday to discuss attendance boundaries for Frontier Elementary, which is scheduled to open in August on N Pennsylvania Avenue between Danforth and Covell.
The Edmond school district's director of information, Susan Schlepp, said administrators are expected to answer questions about which students will attend the new school.
The informal question-and-answer session is scheduled for 7 to 8 p.m. in the Board of Education Meeting Room of the Administrative Center, 1001 W Danforth Road.
The Frontier Elementary attendance area is expected to surround the following housing additions: Danforth Farms, Fall Brooke, Hawthorne Place, Highland Park, Homestead, Kingsbury Ridge, La Sonata, North Country, Scissortail Landing, Skylers Court, Stonebriar and Thornhill.
Families in those neighborhoods are encouraged to attend the meeting to learn more about the proposed changes and communicate their questions to administrators and board members, Schlepp said.
For more information, call Schlepp at 340-2858.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11312Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5665Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5178Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4351Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4349OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4135How to help tornado victims