Edmond sees rise in suicides, attempts this year
A suicide prevention summit held Monday at the University of Central Oklahoma was more than just another way to get information for some of the attendees.
EDMOND — An alarming statistic was front and center at a suicide prevention summit held earlier in the week at the University of Central Oklahoma.
There have been 13 suicides reported to police in the city so far this year, compared with only four in all of last year.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims