Edmond Senior Center offering series on dementia
A three-part series on understanding dementia is designed for caregivers. The sessions will be held at the Edmond Senior Center, 2733 Marilyn Williams Drive.
EDMOND — A three-part series on understanding dementia is scheduled at the Edmond Senior Center, 2733 Marilyn Williams Drive.
IF YOU GO
To RSVP for each event, call 216-7600.
The series, designed for caregivers of people with dementia, will be presented by the Autumn Life Center for Geriatric Behavioral Health at OU Medical Center Edmond.
Dr. Shanantharam Darbe, medical director of the Autumn Life Center, will address issues from diagnosis to medical and behavioral interventions at 6 p.m. April 19.
Jerry Shiles, attorney with Parman & Easterday, will talk about how to preserve the family's health and protect one's wealth from catastrophic nursing home costs at 6 p.m. April 26.
Fran Busby, a social worker at the Autumn Life Center, is scheduled to speak about psychosocial needs after diagnosis at 6 p.m. May 3.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11312Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5665Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5178Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4351Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4349OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4135How to help tornado victims