Edmond students win sporting clays tournament
For the second year in a row, Edmond FFA students win the Chamber of Commerce Sporting Clays Tournament. This is the 10th year for the tournament.
EDMOND — A team of high school students walked away with first place in the Edmond Area Chamber of Commerce Sporting Clays Tournament for the second year in a row.
The four-member Edmond FFA team came out on top among the 90 shooters who turned out for the annual tournament at Silverleaf Shotgun Sports in Guthrie.
The FFA team was sponsored by Edmond Life and Leisure.
This is the 10th year for the sporting clays tournament.
“It was wonderful,” said Sarah Landrum, one of the organizers. “The weather is a little cooler than anticipated, but there was no rain.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 27538Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15649Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10393Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9809Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9381Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8402Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8325Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena