Edmond superintendent serves green eggs and ham
Clegern Elementary students celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday with green eggs and ham. Serving the birthday meal was Edmond Public Schools Superintendent David Goin.
EDMOND — Students at Clegern Elementary School celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday Tuesday with Edmond Public Schools Superintendent David Goin serving green eggs and ham.
March 2, 1904, was the birthday of Theodor Seuss Geisel, the author of the popular children's books under the pen name Dr. Seuss. He died Sept. 24, 1991.
Geisel published 46 children's books, which often were distinguished by imaginative characters, rhyme and frequent use of anapestic meter.
One of his best-selling books is “Green Eggs and Ham,” which inspired the menu for the students at the school at 601 S Jackson.
Geisel's birthday has been adopted as the annual date for National Read Across America Day, an initiative on reading created by the National Education Association.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 92690Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17105OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12852Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8967Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8623Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8590How to help tornado victims
- 8406Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located