Edmond superintendent serves green eggs and ham
Clegern Elementary students celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday with green eggs and ham. Serving the birthday meal was Edmond Public Schools Superintendent David Goin.
EDMOND — Students at Clegern Elementary School celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday Tuesday with Edmond Public Schools Superintendent David Goin serving green eggs and ham.
March 2, 1904, was the birthday of Theodor Seuss Geisel, the author of the popular children's books under the pen name Dr. Seuss. He died Sept. 24, 1991.
Geisel published 46 children's books, which often were distinguished by imaginative characters, rhyme and frequent use of anapestic meter.
One of his best-selling books is “Green Eggs and Ham,” which inspired the menu for the students at the school at 601 S Jackson.
Geisel's birthday has been adopted as the annual date for National Read Across America Day, an initiative on reading created by the National Education Association.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction