Edmond wants input on paving trail
Edmond officials are applying for grant money to pave a trail behind the Walmart Supercenter at 15th Street and Interstate 35. They have scheduled a public hearing for Thursday to get input for the grant application.
EDMOND — City officials will hold a public hearing Thursday to get input for a grant application to pay for paving the Fox Lake Trail.
The hearing will begin at 6 p.m. in Room 107 at the Downtown Community Center, 28 E Main.
The recreational trails program grant application will be submitted to the Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department.
The half-mile dirt trail is located behind Walmart Supercenter and the proposed Sam's Club just north of 15th Street and Interstate 35.
City Planner Jan Ramseyer Fees said the maximum money allowed with this grant is $160,000.
“That will probably not pay for the paving,” Fees said. “It is a nice chunk of money to get started.”
This trail is planned to extend north and east to a proposed wellness park and trailhead for another proposed project that would extend a trail around Arcadia Lake.
“This is a requirement that we get the public's input,” Fees said. “There is a lot of momentum for trails at this time.”
For more information, call 359-4796 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M