Edmond's Fairfax housing addition plats will be considered by planners
The Fairfax housing addition is to get 56 new homes as the area grows around the golf course. Final plats will be voted on by the Edmond Planning Commission on Tuesday.
EDMOND — Final plats for 56 homes planned in the Fairfax housing addition will go before the planning commission Tuesday.
The meeting begins at 5:30 p.m. at 20 S Littler Ave.
Some homeowners in the addition, located northwest of Sooner and Covell roads, spoke against the plats because of concerns about erosion and drainage issues.
They also didn't like the fact that the number of homes for Gardens V and Fairfax Estates IX housing additions had increased from what they originally believed to be the case.
Randel Shadid, attorney for Fairfax Joint Ventures LLC, said the developers have been working with two engineers with expertise in dam construction to solve the problems and concerns.
City Planner Bob Schiermeyer said the developers have turned in a report about the improvements planned for the pond south of Gardens V to the state Water Resources Board and city of Edmond.
“We had to redo the drainage,” Shadid said. “I think the city engineer is pretty happy.”
Schiermeyer said a drainage structure will be required in the Gardens addition under one of the new streets to allow for the flow of water north to Coffee Creek.
Garden V consists of 31 lots on 11 acres. The lots are generally 60 feet to 110 feet.
Fairfax Estates IX is located north of Fairfax Business Park and surrounded by Fairfax Golf Course.
The plat contains 13.47 acres and 25 single-family lots that are between 13,000 and 16,500 square feet.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 88863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16945OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12611Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12094Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9737Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9076Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8890Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation