Edmond's March sales tax check shows drop in growth
Edmond's monthly sales tax growth continues to decrease. The March sales tax check showed a 1.08 percent growth, the smallest percentage for the year.
Shoppers in Edmond pay an 8.25 percent sales tax on purchases; 4.5 percent goes to the state and 3.75 percent is returned to the city. Of the city's portion, 2 percent goes to the general fund and a half-cent goes to the construction of the public safety center. The remaining city sales tax money that does not go into the general fund is divided among firefighters, the police department and capital improvements as designated by voters.
Edmond, in its March check, received $2,456,656 from the 2 percent designated for the general fund. That was $26,182 above the anticipated monthly amount.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 33223Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15512Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9978Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9860Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9472Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8063Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8003Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister