Egypt’s Coptic Christians mark Christmas amid fears on future
CAIRO — Egypt’s minority Christians were celebrating their first Christmas after the election of an Islamist president and a new pope — and following adoption of a constitution many argue has an Islamist slant.
Christians gathered Sunday in Cairo’s main cathedral for Midnight Mass on the eve of Orthodox Christmas led by their new pope. Pope Tawadros II was elected in November to succeed longtime Pope...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 77840Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16227OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13741Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12057Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11953Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 11115Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 11023Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified