Eight Oklahoma high schools named to top 1,000 list
Newsweek released its list of America's top 1,000 high schools Monday, and eight Oklahoma schools made the cut.
Eight Oklahoma schools were included in Newsweek's annual list of the country's best 1,000 high schools.
Two schools made the top 100: Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics and Classen School of Advanced Studies.
What was top school?
The top school on Newsweek's list was the Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science in Bowling Green, Ken.
The Newsweek list was calculated based on factors such as graduation rates, college acceptance, advanced coursework and scores from college entrance exams.
The following is information about the Oklahoma schools on the list:
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11190Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11015Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9873Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8372Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4481Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4243Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4027OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M