Eischen's Bar — an Oklahoma landmark that is bare-bones at best
Photoview all 9 photos
10 a.m. to midnight Monday to Saturday
Closed on Sunday
Grill shuts off at 10 p.m.
Those who don’t like chicken can still find great food to fill them up. Eischen’s sells roast beef sandwiches and barbecue beef sandwiches ($5.50 a piece) as well as homemade chili and big baskets of fried okra ($5.50) — giving a little variety to customers.
Of course, there are some things you can’t get at Eischen’s. Don’t bother asking for iced tea or French fries — they don’t have them and they’re not planning on changing. Drink choices range from beer (on tap or in the bottle) and cans of soda. Styrofoam cups of water are also available, on request.
Started in 1896 by Peter Eischen, the bar has seen generations come through its doors because the workers do what they do well and they do it consistently. Why fix what ain’t broke?
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments