Elementary school girl reports man touching her at bus stop in Oklahoma City
A girl waiting for a school bus said a man walked up and touched her. The incident was reported to school officials and police.
A northwest Oklahoma City elementary student said a man touched her at a bus stop, and school officials have cautioned students and parents to be extra careful on their way to school.
Putnam City Schools sent out letters and made telephone calls to Arbor Grove Elementary School patrons Tuesday after four girls reported the incident at the bus stop, said district spokesman Steve Lindley.
The girls were at a bus stop Tuesday morning at NW 47 and N Meridian Avenue when a man walked by and touched one of the girls on the stomach then walked off, Lindley said.
“It's inappropriate for an adult male to walk up and pat a young girl on the stomach,” Lindley said.
School teachers and counselors have been asked to remind students to stay in groups, avoid strangers and report anything suspicious.
An Oklahoma City police officer took a report from the girls who said the man patted the girl on the stomach and said, “What are you doing little girl?” before walking off, said police Master Sgt. Gary Knight.
The girls told school officials at Arbor Grove at NW 40 and Ann Arbor in Warr Acres.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13287Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12869OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11351Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 10099Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8083Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5913Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5414Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers