Eleventh person dies from May 24 tornadoes
Ron Martin, of Carmen, died Thursday in an Oklahoma City hospital from injuries suffered in a May 24 tornado, the state medical examiner's office said.
The tornadoes that ripped through central Oklahoma last month have claimed an 11th victim, said Cherokee Ballard, spokeswoman for the Oklahoma State Medical Examiner's office.
Ballard said Ron Martin, of Carmen, died Thursday at an Oklahoma City hospital from injuries suffered in the tornado. Ballard said he was injured near Fairview during the May 24 storms.
The tornadoes had been responsible for 10 deaths and destroyed 493 homes and businesses, damaged 370 more and affected another 284 in seven central Oklahoma counties.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in