Eleventh person dies from May 24 tornadoes
Ron Martin, of Carmen, died Thursday in an Oklahoma City hospital from injuries suffered in a May 24 tornado, the state medical examiner's office said.
The tornadoes that ripped through central Oklahoma last month have claimed an 11th victim, said Cherokee Ballard, spokeswoman for the Oklahoma State Medical Examiner's office.
Ballard said Ron Martin, of Carmen, died Thursday at an Oklahoma City hospital from injuries suffered in the tornado. Ballard said he was injured near Fairview during the May 24 storms.
The tornadoes had been responsible for 10 deaths and destroyed 493 homes and businesses, damaged 370 more and affected another 284 in seven central Oklahoma counties.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12798Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12779Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12087OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10010Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8450Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6619Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6098Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated