Elgin man dead after head-on wreck
An Elgin man died after a head-on wreck in Comanche County, Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers said.
An Elgin man died Saturday after a head-on wreck in Comanche County, Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers said.
Larry Ronald Wilson, 63, was pronounced dead at the scene of the wreck about 11:15 p.m. on U.S. 62 just south of McIntosh Road.
Wilson was driving his pickup south on U.S. 62 when he went left of center and struck a pickup driven by Michael Darren Hall, 21, of Apache, troopers said.
Hall and a passenger in his pickup, Brenda Marie Pron, 21, were trapped for about 40 minutes before being freed from the wreckage by firefighters. They were both treated for injuries that were not life threatening.
Wilson was wearing a seat belt. Hall and Pron were not wearing seat belts, troopers said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims