Just don't forget to think about using a safe ladder, Roy said.
“We get a little complacent when we're thinking about the task at hand and not the ladder,” Roy said.
Another danger is frost, especially in the morning hours.
The shaded side of a house can have slippery frost.
“The dark side will getcha,” McCarty said.
There have been cases where people using staple guns to hang lights have accidentally put a metal staple in a live wire which is both a shock and fire hazard.
Inside, decorating can be dangerous too.
If a decorator requires extra elevation to trim a tall Christmas tree, avoid the nearest kitchen chair. Instead, find a sturdy stepstool.