Energy Department begins regulatory review of Clean Line transmission project
The Energy Department will hold a series of public meetings in early 2013 as part of its review of a proposed high-voltage, direct-current transmission line from the Oklahoma Panhandle to Tennessee.
Clean Line earlier this year hosted its own series of public meetings with landowners and local, state and tribal officials to spread awareness about the proposed route.
The Energy Department said it expects to publish a draft environmental impact statement in fall 2013.
For more information and to submit comments on the project, go to PlainsandEasternEIS.com.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 16804Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8821OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6453Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5885Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5756OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4970Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4920Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater