Enjoy the show: Your guide to the Thunder's pregame routine
When the Thunder starts going through its antics in the moments before tipoff, there's a lot going on. But if you have a chance to watch the show, there are a few players you might want to keep an eye on:
Videoview all videos
Jun 16Russell Westbrook responds to the criticism he's faced...
Jun 15How are Thunder fans treating Heat fans? What are fans'...
Photoview all 44 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
*James Harden and Royal Ivey: The reserve guards start their routine with three hand slaps, but then, they do a funky shimmy shake move. They're smiling or laughing almost every time.
*Russell Westbrook, Eric Maynor, Reggie Jackson and Harden: The four guards stand in a circle for something of a group handshake. The finishing move is everyone flexing like bodybuilders and hollering.
*Kevin Durant and Serge Ibaka: This pairing is the easiest to see because they're usually standing at midcourt right before they go onto the court for tipoff. Earlier this season, they changed their routine to “shadow soccer,” kicking around an imaginary ball.
“I told Kevin, ‘I love soccer. If you want, we can do the soccer,' ” Ibaka said.
But Durant doesn't know soccer.
“I'm teaching him,” Ibaka said, laughing.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located