Entries are sought for Chocolate Festival in Norman
The Firehouse Art Center is seeking entries for the Chocolate Festival, set for Feb. 2 in Norman.
NORMAN — The Firehouse Art Center has issued a call for entries for the annual Chocolate Festival, set for Feb. 2 at the National Center for Employee Development, also known as the U.S. Postal Training Center, at 2801 State Highway 9E.
Local chefs, restaurateurs and chocolate artists are invited to participate in the event that raises money for children's art education. Vendor applications will be accepted until Nov. 30 and can be downloaded at www.normanfirehouse.com.
The Chocolate Festival, now in its 31st year, was voted “Best Local Festival” in the Norman Transcript's 2011 Readers Choice Awards, “Best Charity Event” in 2011 by Oklahoma Magazine and was featured in Southern Living magazine.
The festival won the 2009 Frontier Country Grand Award for Outstanding Food Festival in Central Oklahoma and has been ranked third among food festivals in the United States by the Food Network.
General admission tickets are $20 each. For more information, go to www.normanfirehouse.com.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims