Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12287Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11384Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6956Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6508Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4900Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4357OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3734Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3632How to help tornado victims
- 3582Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3172Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Equestrian style canters onto the streets with paddock-inspired clothes, shoes and accessories
McClatchy Tribune News Service | Published: December 7, 2012 | Modified: December 7, 2012 at 4:51 pm
During the Summer Olympics, the equestrian athletes were our pick for best-dressed competitors. Now dressage meets downtown with a new crop of clothes, bags and baubles inspired by the riding life.
Even neigh-sayers will embrace this season’s fashionable twist on traditional equestrian style. Classically cut jackets go brighter, feed bag-style hobos get graphic, and fashion jewelry incorporates the sport’s mane motifs, even if just a little bit.
A great gait:
Riding jacket: Smythe, $665.
Cotton blouse: Banana Republic, $69.50.
Leather-trimmed jeans: DL 1961, $225.
Riding boots: Cole Haan “Daelin,” $498.
Oversize bag: Rebecca Ray “The Maryann,” $210.
Earrings: Ann Taylor LOFT, $24.50.
Silvertone bit bracelet: Lauren Ralph Lauren, $48.
There’s nothing conventional about Cole Haan’s “Carolyn” platform ankle boot, which turns traditional riding-boot styling upside down. $398.
With its equestrian-themed ends in russets and gold, this generously sized scarf has a surprise inside: a pattern of stars that pop in colors like teal and hot pink. Codello, $150.
Take the reins:
Leave it to Ralph Lauren to freshen up this leather and silver wrist wrap with silvertone bit accents. Lauren Ralph Lauren, $44 each. Dillard’s.