ESPN analyst Danny Kanell speaks highly of Clint Chelf, Landry Jones
REMOTE PATROL — Kanell noted Chelf also had shown strong running skills. “J.W. Walsh, the backup in this game, was described as their dual threat here. Clint Chelf is showing his ability to make plays on the ground.”
Videoview all videos
Nov 25In his last game on Owen Field, OU senior quarterback...
Photoview all 104 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Later in the game, he said, “I think people will appreciate Landry when he is gone. They will look back and say what an incredible career he had.”
When Jones missed just one play after absorbing a hard hit, he said, “NFL scouts will love to see the toughness of their quarterback who can come back after taking a shot like that.”
Kanell complimented OSU for having a more balanced offense. “I have definitely seen Oklahoma State mix the run with the pass more effectively than the Sooners today. Joseph Randle has had an exceptional afternoon.”
After a double pass to Chelf for a big gain, he said, “What a great play call by (offensive coordinator) Todd Monken.”
* ESPN picked up audio of OSU coach Mike Gundy complaining about an illegal substitution call. “We never subbed,” he said. After OU then was called for a procedure penalty, Taylor noted Gundy said, “That's the good Lord looking out for us.”
* On ESPN's “College GameDay,” analysts Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit and guest picker Landon Donovan, an L.A. Galaxy soccer star, all picked OU to win.
* Pops, near Arcadia, supplied the broadcasters with some exotic soft drinks, including bacon-flavored soda and Toxic Slime.
* On “Kanell's Klassroom” teaching segment, Kanell described the quick release. “It's all about getting the ball out quickly to the receivers on the outside.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments