* WWLS FM 98.1 and AM 640 had a strong fall Arbitron ratings book, showing a 33 percent increase from last year in men ages 25 to 54 and a 25 percent increase in adults 25 to 54 from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. The Sports Animal ranked third in the market in adults 25 to 54 during that time period.
* Among local basketball telecasts, FSOK is picking up Fox Sports Kansas City's feed of the OU at Kansas State telecast at 6 p.m. Saturday (Ben Boyle and Stan Weber). KOCB-34 will air OSU at Texas A&M at 3 p.m. Saturday (Brad Sham and Reid Gettys). FSOK will air the Kansas State at OSU women's game at 11:30 a.m. Saturday (Brenda VanLengen and Cindy Stein).
* NBA action returns to ABC on Sunday with a showdown of Eastern Conference powers as the Miami Heat hosts the Chicago Bulls at 2:30 p.m. (Mike Breen, Jeff Van Gundy and Lisa Salters). The Heat also are on at 7 p.m. Friday hosting New York (Breen, Van Gundy and Salters).
* ESPN's 14 NBA telecasts this season are averaging a 1.7 rating, an increase of 31 percent when compared with a 1.3 rating for 13 games during the same time span last year.
* NBC Sports Network will have 10 hours of coverage of the 2012 NHL All-Star Weekend, including the skills competition at 6 p.m. Saturday and game at 3 p.m. Sunday from Ottawa.
* Fox will air a two-hour UFC triple-header at 7 p.m. Saturday from the United Center in Chicago. In the main event, former light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans (21-1-1) takes on undefeated former national champion wrestler Phil Davis (9-0-0) to determine the next challenger to the 205-pound title held by Jon Jones. Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan will call the action.