Euro little changed as traders await Greece deal
NEW YORK (AP) — The euro was little changed against the dollar Monday as European finance ministers met to discuss releasing Greece's next bailout payment.
The ministers have failed twice in the last two weeks to reach an agreement to release the funds for the cash-strapped country. Greece desperately needs the money to stay afloat.
The euro slipped to $1.2963 in late trading Monday from $1.2971 late Friday. The British pound fell to $1.6018 from $1.6031.
The dollar rose to 0.9287 Swiss franc from 0.9283 and to 99.37 Canadian cents from 99.25 Canadian cents.
The dollar fell to 82.18 Japanese yen from 82.40 Japanese yen.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 11434Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11103Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9903Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8455Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4574Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4269Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4107OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M